Eric Lefkofsy is a very prolific entrepreneur. He has co-founded several companies including the very popular Groupon, Uptake Technologies and the ground breaking Tempus, an operating system that’s fighting cancer with technology. The goal of Tempus is to gather a full range of RNA-seq capture and germline data after receiving two weeks to three weeks of patient samples. The information for about 50,000 patients per year is then entered into a data base. Redefining how doctors treat patients with the use of genomic data. Instead of only using information gathered as they treat individual patients, Tempus would afford physicians access to data in multiple cases of cancer that they would immediately access. Tempus’ goal is to provide doctors with the knowledge and tools to treat patients as a result of information gathered from the treatment of others, all secured in an easy access database.
Tempus performs these important tasks through the leadership exerted by the efforts of a skilled group of professional men and women.
1) Cofounder and acting chief operating officer
2) A PhD is the president who overseas scientific operations.
3) An MD is the Chief Medical Office leading clinical activities.
4) An MD is the Director of Pathology and medical lab operations.
5) An Executive Vice President and general counsel is also part of the leadership team.
6) Tempus also has a Senior Vice President of engineering.
7) Tempus also has a fulltime Chief Operating Officer.
8) Its Chairman of the Scientific Board is also an MD.
9) Tempus also uses the guidance of its Scientific Advisor.
Tempus is helping doctors and healthcare professionals make personalized, data-driven treatment decisions. Tempus uses a patient’s genetic code and highly advanced genomic sequencing aid doctors in understanding a patient’s cancer.
Tempus collects and analyzes a significant amount of genomic data with statistical analysis and proprietary algorithms. This effort has unveiled opportunities that have been used to assist a patient’s physician allowing him or her to provide more precisely targeted and personalized medicine. Thus compilation of data is used to help doctors create a better plan of care and treatment for those suffering from breast cancer and the other common cancers in the lung and pancreas, with a plan to include a greater variety of cancer types in the near future.